Monday, July 22, 2013

Quoth The Raven Shirt #2

Finally, I have returned to David's Nevermore - Quoth the Raven Shirt. After cutting it out, I parked it, and while I got a little bit done at the last WSBN social sewing day, it was high time to get stuck in again.
Of course my sewing was cut short by the quake yesterday, but I did make some progress!
 Trying something different/easier with the front - a false placket made by folding under twice and top stitching. With such a busy fabric it's hard to tell the difference. And of course, the pattern matches!
 The pocket already applied. Whaddya mean you can't see it? ;-)
Shortage of fabric brought about by extreme pattern matching of huge repeat meant I lined the yoke with the contrast fabric. MrC loves the blood red. I had no idea he had such a macarbre streak!
One sleeve set in and flat felled. Gosh this fabric is so interesting, I keep seeing new things. Candelabra, filigree, bats...
Progress shot - one sleeve in but underarm not sewn. I got as far as putting the other sleeve in flat when the rockin' rollin' ridin' started and Work Ceased For The Day.
Now I am making myself a Pavlova Top. So, No More Nevermore for a while :)
Total lack of skulls and ravens for a while...





13 comments:

  1. Oh this fabric is amazing! This shirt is going to be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love parts of it and others not so much but that is kinda hat makes it special, because it is SO out there!

      Delete
  2. I love your pattern matching! This is wonderful fabric. Can't wait to see the finished shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I do love the inner sense of achievement from pattern matching, but I am over 3/4 yard repeats that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. Oh my such an interesting fabric - your pattern matching is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be such a beautiful shirt.. Sending prayers that the earthquakes will end real soon, and all is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that shirt - that fabric is "to die for".... hmmm. Very interesting. Being a full on arachnophobic I don't know about the spider. I would be chasing after him with a can of Mortein. Great colours in it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, you wordsmith you! I'm not loving the spider either but Him likes them, he is working on a spider/skull cross stitch pattern. Erk!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic shirt, could just see my 10 year old loving it too! Hope you enjoy your Pavlova sewing, you need something sweet to sew after quakes; I went down the knitting path after the Christchurch ones for a bit, interspersed with some quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, the need to do comfort activities is high, but tempered by not entirely wanting to go back upstairs to keep sewing :/
      But tonight I am screwing my courage to the sticking point :)

      Delete
  7. I am glad to hear you are all right, and that some of the shirt got made before the quaking began. :-) Good luck with your Pavlova! I'm working on my sister's kathak skirt, but I want to try and squeeze my Tiramisu in today... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete