Saturday, August 12, 2017

Fit to write again!

Hello, where has a month gone? Spent walking carefully and trying not to bend over because it hurts! And not being able to sleep for long in any one position.
However I am almost normal again. I've been to Christchurch to entertain the good people of TechCommNZ, I've done a workshop on stage makeup, worked in the shop, got a chest infection for which I am currently popping A.B.s, and new things are afoot! Afoot I say!
In the meantime, here's a video from our Time Travel Cabaret 1970s show in July. Our fabulous videographer Andrew (affectionately known as SoundBitch) has been so busy, it took longer than usual to get the final edits. He's our hero!
Speaking of heroes, this video is of my dear friend and fellow Pinot sister Debbie as her alter ego Anglebert Humpermink! Such a surprise!

8 comments:

  1. We had an entertainer here whose catch-phrase was 'All in the best possible taste!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, the magnificent train wreck of Kenny Everett's Cupid Stunt. She is such an inspiration! i have practised crossing and recrossing my legs like she did and I just can't get the speed up!

      Delete
  2. So sorry you have been sick.. Proud your doing better..
    You are soooo talented.. Enjoy your productions..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks Judy. It has been a tie of counting my blessings for sure xo

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that you have been a bit poorly. Kenny Everett was comedy gold. I recently re-watched some of his shows from the 80's. How on earth did he get away with some of the jokes? They are a bit risqué for British telly these days. Hope that you are feeling 100% soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was very edgy eh. I think he got away with it because so many people just didn't get the deeper level of humour. I'm so glad we had him for a short time though, he was a real original. Thank you for the warm thoughts xo

      Delete
  4. Booo, I'm sorry you've been ill. Ugh, not helpful when you're busy busy busy. I hope you're feeling even better now, 4 days after you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm tickety boo now love!! I hope you're feeling better too and the sun is calming the farm!

      Delete