Sunday, March 28, 2021

Cuba Dupa at last!

 Cuba Dupa actually happened this year. The last two were curtailed by the mosque massacre in 2019 and the plague in 2020. So, much relief when the early showers cleared well before noon and an estimated 120,000 people took to Wellington's Cuba Quarter with fun in mind!

 Me? I heard it. I went in the back door of our Cuba St shop, and out again. I never left the shop. I knew people would come to say hello, we had a wonderful guest artist in our shop, and I was happier out of the crowds. I love that it happens and I am happy to stay on the perimeter. Crowds are not my jam.

Here are some photos screen captured from the Facebook page. The originals are here.



My friend Jane second top left in full colourful steam punk

 I feel these photos capture the spirit of the event. It is HUGE. I can't believe we get to do this in the times of plague, but we're case free for some time now. I hope you all, whatever country you're in, get to mix and mingle safely again soon xo

No comments:

Post a Comment