Friday, July 9, 2021

Dino Quilt

 So the dinosaur quilt that tried to wreck my back is done, delivered and made the recipient cry. I feel my work there is done.

It's not everyone's idea of a baby quilt that is for sure! but given developmentally babies really only see bright colours, and her Mama is nuts about dinosaurs, I am unapologetic in my pastel dodging ways.


Felix held it up for me and even when he is just peering over the top, you can see how mischievous he is!

Red roses are another Mama favourite.

It is SO good getting this finished. I thought I would during lockdown but I lose my sewjo, my gojo and every other creative jo going! now I am crazy busy, I am getting stuff done.

Oh the irony. Time is about as objective as the climate.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think you would ever make a quilt in subdued colours in any case. Lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a very bring one once for a class sample, so as not to scare the punters. Hated teaching the class, never again heheh

      Delete
  2. This is stunning! I love the colours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. C.,
    Am laughing aloud...sewjo and mojo and every other jo going...isn't it the truth! We have more half-done projects around here, and my Monday housework is being interrupted for a needed jo charge.

    Have to catch up on your doings. Summer ate my blog time, but have some costuming to report, and we visited mountains again, this time ones with wee glaciers on top! You would have loved the vivid colors of the wildflowers...like your nifty dino quilt, which is really neat, these were rich, clear colors.
    Anyhow, hello from across the big pond,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! One should always lean into the jo as it will disappear fast enough if not nurtured!
      The mountains sound so beautiful. And nothing makes my heart song more than flowers growing wild. So unselfconsciously glorious. Hello from this side of the pond, where it's pretty nippy! <3

      Delete