Sunday, January 29, 2023

Free time!

 Well, I am no longer a person who owns a shop. On 1 January it became Wendy's baby and no longer ours.

It's pretty idyllic really - I love it still and love our team, and I am still welcome and will be teaching hopefully, later in the year. 

BUT, I have my Saturdays back!!!! Hallelujah!!! We went to Martinborough this past weekend with friends and didn't have to worry about what we were leaving behind. Amazing.

While we were there we went to see Graham and Sons Upholstery about our sofa. It is in good nick, except the cushions which are borked. As replacing it with like is a $6k investment, we are looking at just having the cushions done and these are the two stand out options, either side of the original.

I am a big fan of mixing up patterns and having a stripy frame and patterned seat cushions is fine with me. Which one do you like best?




2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. C.,
    Weekend freedom: what a bonus! Imagine you all will be enjoying that to the full.

    I rather like the sample for the cushions that has the stronger colors; it's the one on the right.

    Nothing like a new look on a sofa. They're bloody expensive, but they certainly make a room. May the ultimate pick go well!

    Very best on the side of the pond tilting towards springtime, and far too early, at that,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Natalie! I only just saw this. Lovely to hear from you. I have since decided to just get the whole suite recovered, but there is a rather lovely stripe in the range and we may yet go with two fabrics. :) I can't afford it right now but I have aspirations.
      Yes the weather is nuts, and here we've had devastating weather in some parts of the country but thankfully not here in Wellington <3

      Delete