Sunday, August 30, 2009

My August winnings

I'm so excited! Every month my quilting guild has a block of the month, aka a BOM. Members who wish to make as many of these as they want to and each BOM enters you into a sweepstake to win the lot. We are given a pattern and a colour scheme indication. I made five, and 30 were submitted so the guild split them into two lots of 15, one of which I won! I got all of my own back as I got the darker, more antiquey interpretations of this block, which is my thing.

Here they are all laid out. MrC is very good at placing blocks and this is how he thought they should go. I can sew them up and edge them to make a lap quilt, or make ten more, add a border or two and make a queen size quilt. What should I do?

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the colours! Do you need a lap quilt or a queen quilt more? That is how I would decide what to make.

    Are you on the lookout for quilting blogs (since you have the costuming ones covered LOL!)? You might check out this one: http://picklesandbacon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have a look. I suspect there are bizillions of quilting blogs! The queen size quilt is going to a friend who is going to help finish it :) Me, I need more quilts in my house like I need indoor rain! hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indoor rain! In Wellington!?! No one ever has that :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great win and will make a lovely quilt for either lap or queen bed... lap would be faster !! Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete