Thursday, August 28, 2014

Time makes fools of us all

WELL, I m not going to be making a whole new velvet jacket to be the RingMaster. I came down with a cold on Tuesday night, and am still sick as a parrot. But, a day off due to said sickness (thanks to MrC holding the first solo)meant I could have a start at a costume.
I'm quite chuffed with my idea - using existing resources but blinging them up in a circus specific way.
No photos as yet - so here is an interim one showing the tiny topper I made today.
It is a teddy bear bowler hat with a 'cuff' slipped over the crown to turn it into a top hat. It should look well proper ridiculous on top of CC's hair!
d

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. C.,
    Hope that by this time you are feeling much better.

    Please, for us across the Pacific, what does "sick as a parrot"? Parrots get ratty feathers when sick, but can't pull any other visuals.

    New Zealand aphorisms are truly cool.

    Very best,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete