First, I set a cake free. By now it is probably crumbs.
Not quite finished at point of photo but you get the idea.Shopping for yummy fresh food from several amazing shops was fun. I got it into my head that I wanted to make a chicken pie. That meant: free range chicken thighs, likewise bacon, the holy Trinity of carrot, onion and celery, parsley, and lemon. I had the stock, pastry and other herbs already.
This of course wasn't remotely as a result of watching Pie Week on The Great British Bake Off. Nonono. I am also not obsessing over Bombe Alaska either. Ahem.
My chicken pie. No Soggy Bottom as it is just has a lid. Mary Berry you won't catch me out!
Anyway I also ironed a lot of shirts, (for brownie points), did a lot of dishes, and sorted a lot of messy paperwork and sewing stuff, and washed my makeup brushes. Which I do after pretty much every time I use them, because EEW.
For the education of those not into hard core makeup, I do this thusly:
- Put a bar of Sards Wondersoap in a flat container with hot water.
- Dampen the bristles in the water then rub on the soap enough to clean it.
- Leave to sit all soapy for a few minutes while I do the other 20 or so brushes.
- Run about an inch of hot water into the half sink and shake the bristles in it until well rinsed.
- Smooth bristles into shape, and lie the brush on a hand towel where I leave it to dry for several days.
So there you go, you (possibly) heard it here first.