Monday, June 14, 2021

Pointy stick, steep slope.

 I've been pushing something uphill with a pointed stick since forever. I've found it hard to get up in the morning, but I can't sleep, and my brain is porridge. I put this all down to working 6-7 days a week.

So, yesterday I was so tired I took a day off. And mentioned to my son Jack that I had a bit of a pain in my chest and tingles in my left arm. It was kind of worrying me but I was explaining it all way - oh it's muscular, I'm left handed etc. Jack cut through all of this with a call to Health Line and they sent an ambulance! I was so embarrassed, such a fuss, but he reminded me of what I would say to someone else in the same situation and of course, I'd be bustling them off to ED as well.

I had an ECG and blood pressure test in the ambulance, then the probably 1k drive to the hospital, I insisted on walking in, Debbie came to join us and I spent the day in there having tests.

The outcome is, my heart, blood pressure, blood sugar and other vitals are all really good. The pain IS muscles, but, the winner on the day was, I am anaemic. Very anaemic. Which explains why I have been so tired and unable to string thoughts together. And, I have to give up the antiflam medicine that has been keeping my knee pain under control as it is wreaking havoc on my system. So that's fun.

Anyway this morning I joined a Zoom call through my work with Dr Siouxsie Wiles, NZ's foremost science communicator. Because I was on my home laptop, my home Zoom image came up! My friend Lucille who was also in the call at work, took this screen shot. So funny. We're all pink together.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. C.,
    Oh my! "Heart" is what I thought too, and was relieved to read that you're healthy in that regard. Still, anemia is no fun at all and darn right it makes you drag, and black out when you stand up, and on and on. It's good that it's treatable. More iron for you, my dear!

    Very best from here,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete