Wednesday, June 23, 2021

T-Rex Injuries

 I know that homo sapiens did not inhabit the Earth at the same time as dinosaurs but we'd all agree they are DANGEROUS. And they still are today!

Dinosaur quilt mid quilting

This quilt is a panel featuring lurid and savage looking dinosaurs, I love it!! I made up the patchwork top in 2019, and having a Saturday to devote to sewing at a quilting retreat, I proceeded to quilt it.

Quilting is the part where you use stitching to hold the top, batting and backing together. It takes time.

All in all I sewed from 10am-9pm, with breaks for lunch and dinner, and to go talk to people from time to time.

Not often enough, however.

Since then my back has been in spasm. Erk. I can hardly walk. The dinosaurs got me.

But we're in lockdown alert 2 thanks to an Australian tourist who spent the weekend in Wellington, visiting exhibitions and cafes and partying at a bar all night, while positive with Covid. So I wasn't going to be out and about much anyway.

Trans Tasman relations come with a high price.


No comments:

Post a Comment