Saturday, September 24, 2022

Cutting the Cord

 Sounds dramatic, but that is precisely what I did. On Thursday evening I decided to make a new costume to take away. what can I say, I find deadlines can be productive.

It involved laying a big chunk of sequin net on the floor of my studio, as the table is too small. Then I started happily cutting around the pattern and as I got near to the desk I felt a slight resistance on the scissors. Hmm, I am hoping I didn't have a fold tucked up under it as that would ruin the project but no,

RIP iPhone charger

it was my friend Polly's phone charger! He is staying with us this week and thank goodness because having an experienced drag queen in the house has really helped make decisions. Like, the new costume needs black stretch velvet, not the gold sequin mesh he brought over for me from Shine.

ANYWAY, like the good girl scout that he is, he had another cable so all was not lost!

As for the costume, it's FREAKING FANTASTIC and photos will ensue because as soon as I pressed it, I packed it!




2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. C.,
    It's always a chilling moment when the scissors find extra resistance...usually I turn briefly into a sailor before looking at the ruined fabric. It this case, however, you had a bit of extra angst! Thankful it all worked out. Hooray for a little pressure, too, as extra drive to turn out a completed project. Same here. Have a week to produce a spencer jacket...here we go!

    Very best,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! I believe in you! Thank goodness it's a spencer not a pelisse. I have the Hamilton spencer pattern but it's a lot of rouleaux and faff and I want to enjoy it so I"m putting it off until I have More Time (TM)

      Delete