Friday, January 14, 2011

Hand sewing project - Cathedral Ceiling

Some quilt patterns just don't lend themselves to machine piecing. The cathedral ceiling is one of them.
Not to be confused with the more famous cathedral window, the ceiling is a series of eight pointed stars intersected by shaped crosses.

This is mine so far. I like seeing it on the wooden table as the richness of the wood is not dissimilar to the missing burnt orange intersectors.
When it is completed, the finishing touch is a wee suffolk puff in the centre of each block, to represent the boss in the ceiling.
A real cathedral ceiling, from which the quilt draws its inspiration.
It may take me a few more years to complete this quilt, and to be honest I'm a bit over the autumn colour scheme of it already. But I will finish it!! I will!! :)

1 comment: