Thursday, February 3, 2011

Past projects: The Chest

Back in 1999, I was partying (Like it was 1999), admittedly, but I was also working hard and this took me to Hamilton, where I lived alone for the first time ever. I loved it! And I had a whole flat to furnish too.
I needed storage, and I needed a coffee table, so I decided to buy a chest. After getting over the shock of the cost of a really nice one, I found an mdf one at Target in Auckland for about $40 (I think) and decided to decorate it myself.
I also decorated a chest of drawers but that is long gone. The chest however is still with us.


The pattern is inspired by a duvet set I had at the time, long since passed on. I used testpots of paint and some gold.
It was a fun project and as I didn't have a TV at the time, it was a nice activity for the evenings. I just love it and am proud of the paintwork, even if it is not entirely original.
Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment