Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas preparations

Ho ho ho! How are your preparations going? Mine are...interesting!
This year, with Christmas being later in the week on a Thursday, it's like everyone thinks they have a whole extra week, so it took a while to gain momentum but has become a frenzy. Today (Sunday) is the biggest Sunday we've ever done, before Christmas or not. So, I am very busy at work, but it really is fun.
Every time I ask, "Would you like that gift wrapped?" I hope they say YES, and I can wrap another gift. SQUEE!!! We don't sell that many things for gifts, so the novelty won't wear off by Wednesday.
We have a "no gifts" policy among the adults in our family, for us it is all about the preparation, the shared meal and the time together.
In that regard, I have a turkey thawing in the fridge, along with the bits needed for preparing it, the wreath is on the door, and the few gifts I do give are nearly sorted. A little later than ideal, I hope the P.O. delivers them on time!

Mine's a 5.5 but pretty much the same as this one :)

2 comments:

  1. Turkey sounds pretty good for Christmas! We will be cooking Alison Holts chicken roll-ups on the BBQ, chicken breast slices, stuffed with apricots and rolled up with streaky bacon on the outside.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete