Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Eve Shennigans Planned

My darling sister Jo, aka Popsy Turvey, has asked me to co-host her church's Carols on the Lawn on Christmas Eve. This is St Margaret's Presbyterian in Silverstream. I wanted to put a photo up but I could only find photos of kids doing fun things, which says a lot about St Mags, which is a bubbly, fun and down to earth church. Just like my sister.
St Mags had a hard time in the 2013 quakes, rendering the church itself out of bounds, and the usual insurance  bollocks. Services transferred to the hall for the intervening years. Jo and I did a rendition of The Bathing Suit Song at some point in the past, and it is so nice to get a chance to work together.

We sound great together - she has a much better singing voice than I do which is fine, and her rich soprano and my alto voice harmonise as only common DNA can do. Plus we've been bouncing off each other for over 40 years so we know how to interact and improvise.
I'm allowed to wear the infamous Nativity costume! Jo is wearing my red sequin Santarina horror.
It should be hilarious! Well, for us anyway. I'm not sure how the good people of St Mags will take it, but I think it will be all right :)

2 comments: