Sunday, January 17, 2021

Moving again...

 The movers are booked for 5th or maybe 9th Feb -long story to do with property managers who don't read emails. I am hoping it can the 9th. I'm in a show on the 6th and moving the day before stresses me out!

So, instead of taking all our crap back and sorting it at the other end, I am using the time I have now being an underemployed bum, to chuck out, tidy and be a bit Maryanne Kondo.

So far, I've got half a bag of scarves and other accessories lined up for the opshop. I've emptied two huge shelves into an under bed container and two small drawers. 

I like this very much.

I cannot function in a minimalist space, I prefer a more stimulating environment with the things I need at hand. But it's a fine line between inspiration and overwhelm, and yup, I'm tipped. 2021, I'm going to get that balance back slowly and with care, so I can maintain it.

Also, bring on being in our own space again. A space that in spite of being built to an earlier building code, is not insufferably hot in summer and freezing in winter. That has character, plenty of opening windows, a kitchen that has enough storage in spite of being smaller -so many things I miss.




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's not creative eh. I've been watching the Repair shop and it reminds me of you.

      Delete
  2. Dear Mrs. C.,
    Best of good fortune with the move. Windows that open? Resounding yes. Lots of windows? Ditto. A big bother to do? Oh yes, and I feel for you.

    As for clutter, it's in closets, and the basement chockablock, which stresses me out. How dull a life, though, if the house were bare of books, or pictures, or fabrics and thread!

    Very best,
    Natalie in KY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but the joy of shelves of carded stash! I will post photos of it when it is done! I am having a satisfying time of it - and tomorrow is Fabricabrac which is a stash market event where I hope to come away with empty containers and a few dollars. :)

      Delete