Saturday, January 23, 2021

Small world

 After a week of diligently folding my fabric stash onto cards, I collated a big pile of reject fabric to take to Fabricabrac in Greytown.

Fabricabrac is a market entirely devoted to sewing. People bring their stash remains, buttons, patterns etc and sell them for good prices at others, who will take them home, put them in their own stash and possibly in future, sell them at their own table. Cue Lion King, Circle of Life.

Tracey and I at Fabricabrac in Greytown. Small world
It's the first out of town event I've done. All of the FBBs in NZ are fundraiser for the local Hospice -table booking fees, a stall of donated fabrics and cafe/catering all go towards the Hospice, we get to keep the proceeds of our sales. Greytown is about an hour east of Wellington over the same Remutaka range as Martinborough, and so I made an early start.

It was highly worthwhile - I nearly sold everything I took over there which will help my packing efforts immensely. Five big tubs reduced to a scant one! 

But here's a fun extra- Hospice Wairarapa's rep at the event turned out to be an old school chum, Tracey. We had that squinty thing of each asking why we looked familiar, and then bam! She really hasn't changed much apart from having darker blonde hair. I love it when these moments happen in person, not just on social media.

Photos of my beautiful cupboards coming soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment