Friday, January 8, 2021

Well!!!

 WELL!!! The rollercoaster continues. And life goes on. I wanted to take a wee look back over the year. Skipping so many boring bits. Also skipping show stuff as it tends to dominate everything else.

First up, I had a day job. It was supposed to be for two years. From week 2 I realised that in typical form, the dream job was going to be anything but. It got disestablished because the project I was taken on to oversee caught Covid, so to speak. But I got to October and am eking out the payout as nothing has come up yet.

My desk at work. Existential dread covered by a hammy expression

As lockdown eased, my workload in the business went mad. We were doing multiple times the turnover of stock and sales, the whole country ran out of elastic, we made masks, sold fabric to make masks, the works. This is my second favourite mask, and I am wearing my incredibly beautiful Papillon shawl that Karyn knitted for me. I love it so much. 


Juggling full time work with an exploding business and the impact of the whole Covid thing just flattened me. I used every bit of annual leave working. Our whole staff were working extra hours. I'm not sure how we got through, but I am very grateful for all of them and for the extra turnover that means our year is not as terrible as it looked like it was going to be! 

Much of my time since stopping the day job has been spent keeping the good people of NZ supplied with Frida patches like this one, which is partly done. SO MUCH TIME. It's lots of fun though, and the jackets I've started to pimp for sale are pretty successful too.


This is me and my Mum in our roles of Gran and Aunty for my wonderful niece Zoe's school graduation dinner. We were glamorous (by Royal decree of Princess Zoe!) and it was a lovely evening.

This was a few days ago. Fake hair piece to disguise the need to wash my hair! Also, am I not just my mother without a widow's peak? ;-)

People are often saying, goodbye 2020, hello 2021. I don't see the distinction myself, and let's say that so far, it's more of the same and worse. But it is summer here so we have the double hit of Christmas and the downtime while many are off checking out the bits of New Zealand usually overrun by overseas tourists. I think it makes the change of year more of a slow slide, which is more manageable.
 
Happy New Year everyone. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment