Sunday, March 18, 2012

On cameras and Pants/Trouser blocks

Seems to be a rash of camera failures in blogland. Mine keeps doing a dying swan, and even with new and v expensive battery, it's not holding a charge. So, I have several posts waiting for photos and not happening.
In the meantime, I am very excited by StephC's new pants block service.
Pants means trousers, of course! Getting trousers to fit properly is a challenge for many sewists, and finding ready mades that fit is next to impossible for many.
Steph has a gift for understanding pattern drafting and being able to communicate the distinctions of it that has me in awe. If you struggle with trousers, pants, breeks, strides, slacks or whatever you call them, I suggest you check out her service, over on 3 hours past.

4 comments:

  1. Pooh on the camera situation, and fingers crossed the camera decides to pay attention to the new battery.

    Thanks for the trousers fit link. Mine NEVER fit well; that's one reason I have hated 'em. Maybe this will be a solution?

    Very best,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you check it out, Natalie! And the camera battery is in the recharger now, hopefully it was just a new one not being fully charged! :)

      Delete
  2. Definate curse of cameras in blog land. Touch screen on my brand new camera konked out. It is getting extensive testing done to see if it can be saved or if there will need to be a mercy killing. I'm using my old dino with crap pixels and zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! You're so lovely, Mrs C. I'm sorry to be so behind in stalking- I mean- reading up on what everyone else is up to! I'm not having camera issues, but I was having one heck of a time with the darn scanner last week. :)

    ReplyDelete