Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Photo shoot

I love having my photo taken.
However, it has not always been so.
Like most women, I was for many years completely camera shy, and cringed at photos of myself with red eye looking gormless because I was talking at the time so my mouth is open, and with every lump and bump exaggerated somehow. Yuk.
But over the years, I've made myself be photographed, especially by professionals. These guys know what they are doing, they shield you from the less successful shots (even supermodel photoshoots have a high attrition rate) and it is fun! Every photo shoot I have done has marked a place in the journey of my life - stilted glamour ones 22 years ago, more relaxed glamour ones a few years later, wedding photos, professional head shots when I was at my most ambitious, in a crazy early morning shoot. Each shoot has been more and more about who I really am and not bout trying to look beautiful.
I have been lucky that all the photographers I have worked with are great people willing to build a relationship, indeed most have already been friends.  This latest shoot was with Ataahua Pinups, with the wonderful Ngahuia Riri. She is a beautiful woman with lots of empathy and humour, and she is very clear and directive, which I found useful, still being a bit unsure about my best angles.
Anyway here are some of my favourites. I pull lots of faces, because I like the silliness and character of a face pull over a serious photo. I m not in this to look beautiful or young, I am in it to express the crazy inner diva that is Constance, and so I've included some of the whackier shots too. :)
















I hope I may inspire some of you to go get photographed. It can be such an empowering experience!

13 comments:

  1. You look like you own the lens!! And that is perhaps the secret to enjoying having your photo taken- plus being happy with what you're trying to show of yourself. These are wonderful pictures, love them all - the wacky, the diva and the very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scruffy you are such an inspiration! Your photos are so full of fun and character, they give us all permission to be a bit mad too! :)

      Delete
  2. This are such awesome photos - I love them all!! Just wonderful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabo pictures and that mermaid skirt is a killer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so seriously comfortable too! Stretch bengaline for the body, wonderful stuff ;-)

      Delete
  5. You are beautiful, and these photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of photos. It may be somewhat overpowering to actually meet you in that mood though :) (Just visiting via your link on John Gray's Going Gently. I'll take a look around if I may...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you, any friend of John's.... ;-) xo

      Delete
  7. What a great set of photos. It may be somewhat overpowering to actually meet you in that mood though :) (Just visiting via your link on John Gray's Going Gently. I'll take a look around if I may...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Andrew and welcome - any friend of John's... :)

      Delete