Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I-sew-lation

Well, I'm in for the duration at last. Three days of helping people stock up, trying to make sure people stayed apart, used sanitiser, cleaning counters, ringing suppliers, keeping staff updated - I'm exhausted. We did our biggest trading day EVER yesterday. I've not had time to think.
Well I mean, I've done nothing but think. I've had at least three trains of thought going. The one that is trying to think of all the things I need to do NOW, the one that is trying to imagine all the things I should do in the future, and the one that is planning what I am going to do with my time during lock down. Besides work from home of course (at my day job).
So, now one of those trains has been put to sleep, so to speak. Parked up? I don't really know what it's called I'm not a train spotter.
The second is puffing quietly away in the background.
The third one is WEEHEE!!! The third one led me to sneak an online order in for enough rhinestones to complete a couple of UFOs. It led David to choose a wolf fabric for a shirt, and I'm planning other sewing projects and rhinestoning projects too. AND writing songs.

Today Felix coined the phrase i-sew-lation. He loves a good pun! In dwellings all over the world, it's in full swing, and I am ready to leap in, feet first!

2 comments:

  1. Would would we do for sequins without online shopping?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Getting REALLY good sequins is not easy. I went through every shop on Goldhawk Road and didn't find a thing that appealed that I didn't already have. I did get some stuff in Walthamstowe market and this month may be its time at last!

      Delete