Monday, March 15, 2021

Bye Bye Bed!

 While new job fervour continues, so does adapting to being home in our own place.

MrC aka David, bought a cast iron antique bedstead 40 years ago, and it is the only bed we've had, although the actual sleeping bit was transformed into a queen size in about 2004.

I love it to bits, but it jangles like a tambourine when anyone moves or there's even a tiny earthquake, and in our exceptionally narrow bedroom it made getting around the end of it pretty tricky.

So, given the mattress needed an upgrade anyway, we decided that now was the time for a new bed, which arrived last Thursday.

Dang it is pretty. And my wedding day horseshoe has hung off this bed head since our wedding night!

It component parts. The brass could do with a polish, but I rather like it dull and old looking. Like me.

Anyway I posted on Facebook if anyone wanted a brass bed and within 12 hours had a very keen taker - actually someone who, had I had time to think about it, I would have just asked straight away. You know some people just are brass bed types!

So, now we have a goodly extra 25cm at the end of the new bed. But oh my it is so boring. We have plans to make a splendid head board of some sort to compensate. 

but one that is comfortable to sit up against this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment