Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Baby you're a STAR ...interview

STAR Method: Should it be Used in Fit Interviews? | Interview Experts

I had two agency interviews today, different agencies, different roles in different organisations, both with a link to keeping Covid out of our country. 

I have been warned in both cases that the work is stressful and ambiguous, with shifting priorities, which will be a surprise to nobody. But also, the teams working in these spaces are really thriving. I imagine this is because the work has a real purpose to it. For once.

I bought the shop and quit my very well paid job because it all just seemed like a terrible waste of time and money to me. I couldn't see the point of the work we were doing and it was very hard on my brain and heart.

The reason for the title is that STAR interviews are a thing. STAR is an initialism for Situation, Task, Action, Result. Being one of life's ramblers I am not so great at this but one of my interviews today was practice for the actual event tomorrow and we did roleplay. It was GREAT!!! Really helped me to focus on what I did do and achieve on those prior roles. The agent for that role is a STAR in his own right as far as I am concerned.

Cross fingers for me!

4 comments: