Thursday, February 18, 2021

People are kind!

What a surreal start to the day.

I got a text from Kayla at Talent, one of my agencies, to say that someone called Bella had found my ID out on the street and posted a photo of it (above) on a popular local Facebook group, and Kayla recognised me right away. I tracked the post down, sent Bella a message request and it's now back with me and I've met a young new neighbour.

Amusingly, other people had commented that they knew me too. Popular! ;-)

Somebody raided our letterbox - Bella lives across the road and down from my place - about as far as a rapidly moving thief who is opening the envelope to get the credit card out, would have got before realising it was only a poxy licence!

But talk about lucky! And to know such kind people as Kayla and Bella who don't know each other but teamed up to make sure I got it back. 
 
Feeling blessed and chuffed with the people of my lovely city. 

4 comments:

  1. You need a rat-trap in the letterbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need the bloody postman to push things into it instead of leaving them tilted in the slot!

      Delete
  2. Thank Heaven your license is safe. Here someone would have used it to steal your identity. Hooray for sweet neighbors. A group glass of wine?

    Very best,

    Natalie in KY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! And actually a nice photo of me too! I'm still delighted by all of this!

      Delete