Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas episode 1

Helloo again! This is our second segment. the husband tells me I do too many take offs of kiwi accent in this one. Not sure why. Nerves? Anyhoo, here it is.


A word about our Samantha. She is such a honeypie! We get on like a house on fire and she is so supportive, keeping an eye on me and making sure the action keeps going. I love working with her and I so appreciate her asking me to come and do this.
Two more to go before Christmas. All to do with making a great table setting for Christmas Dinner. :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the white-on-white mini Christmas tree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how fun is that. Great spot. Love your jacket too. Now you are famous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Anne Harvey in the UK, with roses etc added by me. Nice brand, Bea Jay!

      Delete
  3. Oh, you two are just so cute! I love the interactions, and the little snippets of info about how tulle was made famous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. C.,

    Double-cool! I really like the -- hessian?-- Christmas tree. We'd call that fabric burlap over here.

    It's fun to actually see you in action and to hear your voice, after all this time of communicating via words and pictures.

    Very much enjoying the series, and looking forward to Christmas crackers. They're hardly known at all in the U.S., and are special when they do turn up at random shops.

    Very best,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonder you can understand me, Natalie, I talk so fast! heheh. Actually funny story about hessian/burlap - I did a Pinterest search for hessian tree, got 2 hits. Hmm, thinks me, that cannot be right, and ewnt off to find out what the US calls it. A search for burlap tree was far more productive! AND, I didn't find a single example of this style of tree, which encouraged me to go with it.
      Also, when first reading Georgette Heyer as a youngun, my intro to 18th C clothing, it took me a while to realise that hessian boots weren't made from...burlap! ;-)

      Delete